Saturday, October 15, 2011

Week 10 - Drawing

This week in Art, we learn about the gestalt process and why we need to turn it off when we are drawing. We need to turn off the gestalt process in our brain because when drawing we define what we are drawing too hard. Then we believe drawing is hard or I suck at drawing. Everyone is good at drawing, it is just that they need to turn off the gestalt process before drawing. I notice that when drawing give the given image, when the first image was shown everyone thought of as easy because they were lines. As the the second image was shown it started to get harder and harder to draw. When the third images was shown, I heard a big sigh. Somebody in the class did not turn off gestalt process. The third images were hands. I have to admit hands are hard to draw. It was good that the image was upside down because nobody have guess on what we were drawing. It helped a lot to turn off the gestalt process. My finial project came out pretty good, however the body and the hands were huge when the head and the face was small for his body. I think that was because we drew it from an upside down view. But overall I enjoy drawing and I will always remember to turn off my gestalt process.

No comments:

Post a Comment