Monday, September 26, 2011

Week 6 - The Razor's Edge

This week in Art 100C, we saw a movie called The Razor's Edge and talk about Performance Art artist Marina Abramovic. The Razor's Edge was a interesting movie to me, although we did not see the whole movie I got what the movie was about. Larry the main character experienced going to war during War World 1 and witnessed his buddies getting killed. However, returning back home he changed. Instead of getting a job as a stock broker and getting married; he wanted to go the long way instead of the simple way. He gave up everything and the simplest life to live. Normally, people will choose the simplest route to live your life. Like I, I would of chosen the simplest route and live my life. I am at a point where I do not know what I want to do, therefore I would maybe chose the simplest route. I would really know what I want to do and finally take that simplest road to my life. The performance art artist Marina Abramovic was very interesting. Her work is very amazing. She is limitless and she makes her art herself. She makes her art pieces that it is her last piece of work in her life. When I saw her art it was truly incredible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment