Monday, September 12, 2011

Week 4 - What is Reality?

This week on art 100, we look at cave art and compared The Matrix and Inception.  Honestly, last lecture was boring to me, however this lecture I enjoyed.  The pictures of the cave art was very interesting.  It was interesting because back then people expressed their thoughts and feelings through art not by writing.  It seemed like there was a class structure divided as well.  I believe this because the well drawn drawings were in the front of the cave as well as huge paintings.  And as you go deeper in the cave I saw that, it seemed like whoever enjoyed painting or drawing was towards the back of the cave.  Also because of some the art was on top of one of another.  Some of them were well drawn, however it was art and we visualized what was drawn at that time.
The movie part of the lecture was very interesting.  I haven't seem Inceptions, however I knew I was seeing it.  Although, I really want to see.  Also, The Matrix I haven't seen in a while, I don't quite remember some of the movie since I was young.  I really want to see it again.  I believe I watched it because of the action!  However, now that I'm in college.  What is reality?  It seemed to question me.  Two realities of different people's realities are the same.  It is connected with art because the artists wants others to view his own special reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment