Saturday, December 3, 2011

Earth Art - Griffith Park



My family and I always take a hike every Friday at Griffith Park. It is known for it's observatory center, however there are multiple hiking trails in front of the it. It is about a one and half hour hike from the observatory center to the top. We go when the sun is not up so it would not be sweating and fewer people because parking is a pain. From recent weather condition it has been very chilly. Also due to heavy winds there were leaves and branches everywhere. With one of the branches, I used it to create a trail from the start to the top. It was also my walking stick to help me to the top of the mountain. However, walking at this trail I realized nature created earth art. The gusts left behind huge amounts of leaves and branches on the ground. Also I noticed that people hiked on a mountain to make a trail. So they looked like steps. It was a faster route, instead of walking around the mountain you can climb this man made steps to a certain point. At a certain point we rested a I saw some of the area did not have electricity and it made me remember our art project of no electricity.

No comments:

Post a Comment